Our homes are supposed to be our castles. We are safe inside…or so we think.
What would you do if you walked into your house and saw this?
You certainly wouldn’t leave your door unlocked again!
— Kelsay Lickteig (@Kelsay_Hart) October 14, 2015
The occupant’s mother called emergency services after spotting the bear eating some pet food, according to Asheville fire department spokeswoman Kelley Klope.
Klope said crews arrived and hit on the ceiling to scare the bear, which then left unharmed.
Apparently the bear had smelled dog food right inside the door and was able to get in by pulling down on the unlocked door handle, said North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission biologist Mike Carraway.
See more at BreakingNews.ie.